If you’re thinking of buying a vacation home, like many, you probably want a beach house or a beach condo just steps away from the ocean. With so many locations to choose from it can be overwhelming. According to U.S. News Travel, these beaches were deemed the 10 Best beaches within the USA for 2010. A great place for a vacation home, right?
10 Best U.S. Beaches
1. Maui- With it’s diversity of attractions and home to so many beaches, Maui is always a top pick among vacation home owners and travelers alike. Kapalua beach features calm waters that are idea for kayaking or snorkeling. To watch the locals surf or catch a wave yourself, head to the North Shore.
2. Miami Beach- This beach is known for catering to all types of beach-lovers and those that love the night life. For something a little more low key, visit the fishers on the jetty at Bal Harbour Beach or watch the cruise ships sailing out of South Beach. Miami has one of the largest and busiest cruise ports with a great view of Star Island.
3. Hawaii-The Big Island- It’s name says it all-its beaches and offerings are abundant in Hawaii. It even sports a beach with green sand! Unique and rich in beauty,this island never disappoints and provides a stunning backdrop for the photographer in you!
4. San Diego- Home to gorgeous beaches, gorgeous people and loads of activity, namely water sports, it’s no surprise that many flock here every year. There are also many other attractions and entertainment to keep you occupied. Hoping for something more low-key? Enjoy a day of sunbathing followed by a visit to the Gaslamp quarter.
5. Los Angeles- After visiting Hollywood and Beverly Hills, be sure to get your daily dose of Vitamin D at the gorgeous Malibu Beach. For a romantic night, stroll hand in hand along the boardwalk in Santa Monica.
6. Outer Banks- A classic east coast beach destination, it has miles of sand and tame waters for all swimmers. Home of the Wright Brothers’ first flight, be sure to visit Kitty Hawk!
7. Honolulu-Oahu- This is the most popular destination in all of Hawaii, it’s beaches are a main factor. Scattered about the coastline of the island you’ll discover some of the most highly ranked state beach parks, which includes the famous Kailua beach park, perfect for swimmers. Waikiki beach is perfect for families.
8. Myrtle Beach- Just south of Charleston, this beach destination has been a favorite over the past few decades. With excellent access to boating and water sports, it is a popular beach home destination for families, couples and singles. This is a golfer’s paradise with over 120 golf courses to choose from.
9. Ft. Lauderdale- If you like a bit of the Miami action in your beach home destination but want to opt for peace and quiet too, this might be the perfect spot for you. Fort Lauderdale boasts 23 miles of stunning beaches.
10. U.S. Virgin Islands-Too many, this is THE place for a dream beach vacation home. For many Americans, they get the familiarity of being on U.S. territory, with currency in U.S. dollars and bright blue waters, sand for miles and some of the best shopping. The Island of St. Thomas has some of the best snorkel and is a great spot for everyone. There is no shortage or water sports here. You’ll find everything from parasailing to snorkeling and jet skiing.
Which area would you most likely want to buy a beach vacation home?
*Original article can be found here.